BIO-BASED FIBER TECHNOLOGIES & SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS IN INDUSTRIAL HAND PROTECTION IS REDUCING STOCKPILES OF RECYCLED P.E.T WATER BOTTLES & REDUCING RELIANCE ON FOSSIL FUEL!
For many of us, environmentalism begins with the recycling symbol and ends at the blue recycling bin. The simple act of throwing something away like a plastic bottle into a large box marked with a recycling sign is enough to make some of us feel good, like we’ve done our part to help reduce landfill waste. Unfortunately, many people don't realize there’s a very dirty side to recycling.
Unfortunately 86% of plastic water bottles end up in landfills and it takes at least 1000 years to decompose, leaching pollutants into our soil and waterways. As a result, U.S. landfills are overflowing with 2 million tons of discarded plastic water bottles.
We’ve been warned of the consequences of pollution and climate change and for some it goes in one ear and out the other.
There’s one corporation listening and doing their part to reduce their carbon footprint and reliance on fossil fuel based resources... AND reducing stockpiles of useless P.E.T. water bottles!
As a global provider of personal protection and safety products to the industrial safety and construction markets, PIP® (Protective Industrial Products) understands the importance of reducing waste, not only as a means of reducing costs, but also as a way of reducing environmental impact.
Sustainable Industrial Work Gloves
The folks at PIP® are proud to introduce their latest innovation in industrial hand safety. The new G-Tek® ECOSeries™ line of coated gloves uses the latest in bio-based and recycled fiber technologies. PIP® has partnered with global partners like DSM Dyneema® to develop gloves with Eco-conscious yarns derived from the world’s first bio-based HMPE fiber technology.
Better for the Planet
While you may not notice a difference in comfort or function, you will feel better that these new G-Tek® ECOSeries™ gloves with advanced technology greatly reduced the manufacturing carbon footprint, but it doesn’t stop here.
Recycled P.E.T. Water Bottles
PIP's global partners decided to build on their innovative Eco-technology platform by first using recycled P.E.T. (rPET) water bottles that were shredded and extruded as a fiber, and then blending it with recuperated polyester yarns, with some of the new gloves containing up to 70% of recycled content. The combined result is PIP’s newest line-up of G-Tek® ECOSeries™ of coated seamless knit work gloves using environmentally friendly fibers and recycled yarn technologies.
- Passes Global Recycled Standard
- ANSI safety-rated resistance against abrasion
- OEKO TEX Approved
- Snug Fitting
- Non-Irritating to wear
- Resistant to chemicals, water and ultraviolet light
ECOSERIES™ RECYCLED P.E.T. WATER BOTTLES
PASSES GLOBAL RECYCLED STANDARDS
Recycled P.E.T. wate bottles shredded and extruded as a fiber (and recycled polyester yarns) creates comfortable and cool general purpose glove shells that meet the Global Recycled Standard requirements of at least 50% recycled material by weight of the glove.
70% RECYCLED MATERIAL
- 31-131R G-Tek® ECOSeries™ Spandex Polyurethane Palm Coated Gloves - Ideal for precise handling and tactile sensitivity in dry or slightly oily conditions. ANSI Level 3 abrasion resistance.
60% RECYCLED MATERIAL
- 31-330R G-Tek® ECOSeries™ Spandex Nitrile Foam Palm Coated Gloves - Provides good grip in dry and light oil conditions. ANSI Level 3 abrasion resistance.
55% RECYCLED MATERIAL
- 31-530R G-Tek® ECOSeries™ Spandex Nitrile Coated Microsurface Palm Coated Gloves - Provides superior grip in dry, wet and oily conditions. ANSI Level 3 abrasion resistance.
- 41-8150OR G-Tek® ECOSeries™ Latex MicroSurface Coated A2 Cut Safety Thermal Gloves - Impermeable coating is infused with thousands of tiny suction cups for elevated grip. ANSI A2 Cut Level, ANSI Level 4 abrasion resistance.
BIO-BASED SUSTAINABLE DYNEEMA® FIBERS
Bio-based ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene Dyneema® fiber delivers the same performance as conventional Dyneema® fibers, but with a lower carbon footprint. This innovative technique utilizes the mass balance approach, which further reduces reliance on fossil-fuel-based resources.
- 19-D322 G-Tek® ECOSeries™ Great White® PU Coated A4 Cut Safety Gloves
- 19-D324 G-Tek® ECOSeries™ Dyneema® PU Coated A2 Cut Safety Gloves
We are proud to bring you products that maximizes recyclability and reduces our carbon footprint, which matters to future generations and our planet.